Thursday 26 August 2010

Why its so great to do something for others



So I had a commision yesterday for a personalised wedding portrait and I was over the moon. Not just because of the cold, hard cash - if I wanted that I'd get a corporate job - but actually it was the thought of making something for somebody that would potentially last a life time.

I'm pretty nostalgic anyway, and I don't know if you're the same but I have a box with all my old photographs and certificates and cut outs from the newspaper and ever so often I look through it and relive those days and smile to myself.

I realised what I was doing in making personalised gifts was making something to go in somebody's memory box and that's special isn't it? Its a noble purpose and it inspires me to do the best job I can.

Just wanted to share that thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment